Pro Kids – First Tee of San Diego Scholarship Form
Deadline is 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on February 15th, 2021!
Pro Kids – First Tee of San Diego Scholarship Program Mission:
The culmination of our work is the Pro Kids scholarship program. With more than $2 million in awards to 200+ scholars to date, it reflects our founder’s vision: “Golf is the hook; education is the payoff.” The objective of the Pro Kids Scholarship is to assist members with financial aid for education beyond high school. By offering renewable awards to scholars attending community colleges, vocational schools, four-year universities, and graduate schools, we extend Pro Kids’ reach, supporting our members through college and beyond.
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Planning to attend a 2-yr community college, 4-yr university, or accredited trade or vocational school
• Students must maintain full-time status (12 units, 9 quarter/semester hours)
• Must have participated in Pro Kids programs for a minimum of two years
• Must be willing to re-apply for the scholarship on an annual basis.
Along with completing the following application, Applicants are required to provide a Student Aid Report (FAFSA completion document) and a Transcript.
First time applicants must also submit two signed letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from a current academic teacher, club adviser, or counselor at your school. The other may be from a community service/leadership adviser, golf coach, supervisor at current or recent job.
Renewal applicants who have below a 3.0 GPA must attach one letter of recommendation on business letterhead from an educator or professional (excluding a Pro Kids employee or any member of the Scholarship Committee) who can attest to the student’s character and/or academic success. This letter cannot be from the same person used from a previous application. It is optional to include a letter of recommendation for renewal applicants who have above a 3.0 GPA.
These documents can be uploaded in pdf, doc, or jpeg formats on page 6.
• Questions marked with an asterisk are required.
• You can save and return to your application at any time by clicking the “Save my progress and resume later” box at the bottom of each page.
• Completed Scholarship applications are due no later than 11:59PM Pacific Time on February 15th, 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Said Shaba – firstname.lastname@example.org